Dovetail
103 West 77th Street
New York, NY
![]() |
| Freshly made donuts that only a mother could love. |
![]() |
| Trio of canapés |
The main dish that we chose was a lobster omelette. I have to say that I wasn't necessarily pleased with this choice and wish I had gone with the dry aged hamburger with white cheddar and garlic steak fries. The omelette was light and fluffy but I could barely taste the lobster which came out in chunks. The cypriot potatoes or shall I say in a more pedestrian way (home fries) were delectable and actually the highlight of the meal.
![]() |
| Lobster omelette |
The final act was three desserts which included a coconut-almond sponge cake, lemon cream profiterpies, and chocolate-cherry whoopie pie. I think it can all be summed up with my mothers explanation of "these are like the Top Chef portions". The coconut-almond sponge cake stuck out most but none of the tastes were quite satisfying enough to leave their culinary mark.
![]() |
| Baby Dessert |
Overall, Dovetail is a classy ambiance that is not a must eat. For an elegant evening out or an afternoon it fits the bill perfectly.




Oh yes, a lobster omelette!
ReplyDelete